Discord is a VoIP and instant messaging software that includes plenty of unique features. One such feature is Discord overlay. Discord overlay lets you voice/video chat and stream from your PC while playing the game. However, many new users always get confused in using and search the answers about “how do I get Discord overlay in games”. If you are one of them, don’t worry because we will explain everything about using overlay in games.
How Do I Get Discord Overlay in Games?
Before moving to the game, we need to turn on this feature from Discord itself. So if you are familiar with Discord, then follow these easy steps to use discord overlay in games :
- Open Discord and go to User Settings ( hover to gear icon that is right to your username)
- Now scroll down and click on the game overlay option Under the Activity Settings.
- In this section, you will see “Enable in-game overlay, ” so toggle and enable it.
- You can change the desired overlay settings and edit the keyboard shortcut(default is shift and ‘) that will allow the access of Discord overlay when you are gaming.
- Above the game overlay option, there is an Activity Status option. Click on that and select those games in which you wish to use the overlay option.
- Finally, open that select game and use the default keyboard shortcut shift and ‘. You can notice the Discord overlay on your gaming screen. You can message your friend here, voice/video chat, and pin a message as well.
You also have access to the overlay settings, hover to the gear icon to open Settings, and you’ll have the same settings here too.
Discord Overlay is an excellent feature for all those who want to stream games, talk over game strategies while playing, and message a friend while playing games. The overlay option gives you great accessibility to do other tasks while you are gaming. If you like the given information, then make sure you visit our official website to learn more about Discord.