The Chromebook is manufactured by well-known laptop brands like HP, Asus, and Acer; it is perfect to use for searching and browsing on the internet. Chromebook has impressive battery life that will help you surf on the internet longer than other laptops. The operating system of Chromebook is Chrome OS which is different from a Windows laptop and a macOS, and it comes in a 10–15-inch screen size. If you want to perform basic office-based and simplest tasks, then Chromebook is the one you are looking for.
- Chromebooks are cheaper and budget friendly
- Chromebooks have a good and longer battery backup
- The OS of a Chromebook is user-friendly and fast in performance
- Chromebooks are safe and are not prone to malware and viruses
- Chromebook is lighter in weight and compact in design
- Chromebook has low internal storage
- Printing on a Chromebook needs to be done through google cloud printing.
- Fewer features in offline mode
- Do not come with advanced graphics and power features
- Not compatible with video or picture editing software
MacBooks are the laptop devices by Apple that are the most reliable laptops with a bunch of the latest features. A new MacBook has a battery time of approximately 5 to 6 hours which is quite impressive. MacBook comes in different model series like MacBook Pro and MacBook Air; the best one among them is the MacBook Pro series, as it’s loaded with the latest features. On MacBook, you can perform all your professional tasks and hard believe but can play games as well.
- sleek design.
- Gesture controls
- High-quality display
- Great battery life.
- High repair cost
- Requires extreme care in handling
- Not enough color choices and specifications
- Un upgradeable hardware
Chromebook VS MacBook, which is Best?
Chromebooks and MacBooks both are from different manufacturers, both have different designs, different operating systems, and different functionalities. They both are great in choice, but both devices have some major differences in performance. Both laptops come in different price ranges, the MacBook is way more expensive than Chromebook as it’s loaded with multiple features. Both are secure and used professionally, and in the end, both the machines are best, and it depends upon your choice and budget.
|Mostly used for basic tasks, web browsing, and documentation
|Mostly used for heavy tasks, i.e., photo and video editing apps
|They don’t last long
|MacBook has a better lifespan
|Cheap and budget friendly
|They are expensive
|They can start getting slow if you are doing multitasking for longer periods
|They are super-fast when it comes to multitasking
Chromebooks and MacBooks both are amazing according to their limitations. If you have a limited budget and are looking for a laptop to perform lightweight tasks, then Chromebook is the one for you. However, if you have a good budget and want to perform heavy-duty tasks, then a MacBook is the best option. Before buying any of them, simply read the pros and cons of the laptops mentioned above and then make a purchase decision.