So, what is enchanting? Enchanting is a game mechanic in Minecraft that makes your items like armor, tools, and weapons more powerful by adding additional abilities. To enchant an item, you need an enchanting table, which is a block that is used to the capabilities of tools.
The center of attention of this post is to understand the Minecraft enchanting mechanic and how to use craft and use enchanting tables:
What are the enchanting methods in Minecraft?
In survival mode, items can be enchanted using the approaches listed below:
- You can enchant using experience points and Lapis Lazuli, a mineral that can only be mined using a pickaxe.
- By combining an enchanting book with an item using an anvil.
- By combining two items of the same category but different enchantments using an anvil.
But enchanted items can also be obtained from various sources such as a villager through trade, through fishing, from different mobs and monsters if they possess enchanted items.
How to craft an enchanting table
You can also get it using the command mentioned below:
The “1” in the above command indicating the amount.
How to use the enchanting table in Minecraft
After the enchanting table, the second most important item you need Lapis Lazuli. To get maximum out of the enchanting table, you need a minimum of 15 bookshelves around it, but you can add as many as you want to enhance the enchanting table’s capability.
At the enchanting open table, you will get the following menu:
- There are two blocks. In the first block, you place the item you want to enchant, and in the second block, as indicating the Lapis Lazuli [Note: Only in survival mode] are needed.
- In this block, you will get three different enchanting options to select one from. Each option will come with a number, and that number indicates the experience level required to view the enchantment. You will get better enchantment with a better experience level.
If you have more experience level and more enchanting options will be unlocked.
How to enchant an item using the enchanting table in Minecraft
To enchant an item, you need 3 Lapis Lazuli and the item. Place the item in the first block and 3 Lapis Lazuli in the second box; I am enchanting an iron pickaxe:
You will get 3 options, with the level of experience you need to unlock. In the above image, it can be seen that I need 8, 13, and 30 experience levels to unlock the respective enchantment. Select according to your level:
The iron pickaxe will be enchanted and now in purple color:
You may need powerful weapons, armor, and tools as you progress in Minecraft. The easiest way to upgrade them is using the enchanting table. An enchanting table needs Lapis Lazuli mineral and experience level to enchant an item. In this guide, we learned the recipe for crafting the enchanting table and then understand the process of enchanting an item.