We will all agree that Laravel is a phenomenal project. Many big projects were built using Laravel, and today, more than ever before, we can see a number of amazing projects that are being completely outsourced for us to be used either as a package or a complete solution. So let’s dive right into it.
Today I have looked at Github to see how we are doing in 2020 when it comes to top projects Laravel developers make. There are some new projects that seem really helpful, but we can still see some of the “old” stuff that you are probably using right now. I will obviously skip the Laravel framework itself and focus on the most popular but also most interesting projects. So let’s dive right into it:
#1 Koel (Personal Audio Streaming Service)
Koel (also stylized as koel, with a lowercase k) is a simple web-based personal audio streaming service written in Vue on the client side and Laravel on the server side. Targeting web developers, Koel embraces some of the more modern web technologies – CSS grid, audio, and drag-and-drop API to name a few – to do its job.
#2 Cachet – Open Source Status Page System
Cachet is a beautiful and powerful open source status page system. It includes features like:
- List your service components
- Report incidents
- Customise the look of your status page
- Markdown support for incident messages
- A powerful JSON API
- Subscriber notifications via email
- Two factor authentication
#3 Laravel Debugbar
I think we have all used this in the past. It still seems to be one of the main tools Laravel developers use.
#4 Intervention Image
This is probably one of the most useful packages and I personally use it and love it. Makes image editing a breeze.
#5 Flarum – Simple Discussion Platform
Flarum is a delightfully simple discussion platform for your website. It’s fast and easy to use, with all the features you need to run a successful community. It is designed to be:
- Beautiful and responsive. This is forum software for humans. Flarum is carefully designed to be consistent and intuitive across platforms, out-of-the-box.
- Powerful and extensible. Customize, extend, and integrate Flarum to suit your community. Flarum’s architecture is amazingly flexible, with a powerful Extension API.