SlowMoVideo is a free and open-source program that allows you to create slow-motion videos from your footage. It analizes the pixel rate and calculates the frames between the videos recorded by your camera. SlowMoVideo uses the following
- Qt4 as C++ programming framework
- GPU-KLT+FLOW and OpenCV for calculating the optical flow
- ffmpeg for reading and writing video files
The app allows you to smoothly slow down and speed up your footage, with an optional motion blur. In addtition to this, it tries to find out where pixels move in the video (this information is called Optical Flow), and then uses this information to calculate the additional frames between the ones recorded by your camera.
- Videos in any format supported by ffmpeg can be loaded. Image sequences can also be loaded, so, if you did a timelapse with too few frames, it may help as well.
- The app does not work with a constant slowdown factor but with curves that allow arbitrary time accelereation/deceleration/reversal.
- Motion blur can be added, as much as you want.
How to Install SlowMoVideo on Ubuntu 16.04, Ubuntu 15.10, Ubuntu 14.04
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntuhandbook1/slowmovideo sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install slowmovideo slowmoUI
How to remove SlowMoVideo on Ubuntu 16.04, Ubuntu 15.10, Ubuntu 14.04
sudo apt-get remove slowmovideo