- Basics of jQuery
- Uses DOM library to manipulate the HTML elements
- Supports all well-known browsers
- Supports JS plugins
- Allows building website using AJAX
- Predefined CSS method to style HTML elements
- A lightweight scripting language intended to handle data in browsers
- Provides an in-time compilation
- Cross-platform support to run scripts anywhere
- Supports various common data types and functions
Speed: JS is processed by the browser directly without any hindrance, but the jQuery code is converted to JS and then it is processed. Thus, making JS faster than jQuery.
Reusability: As the complexity of the JS is greater than jQuery, therefore, it would be difficult to reuse the JS code. Contrary to this, the jQuery code can be reused easily.
Note: ECMAScript specification guides to create a scripting language and JS implements ECMAScript specifications. Whereas the DOM acts as a bridge between JS variables and the HTML elements.