RawTherapee 5 the most recent release, is a powerful free cross-platform raw photo processing program and written in C++ using a GTK+ front-end. It uses a patched version of dcraw for reading raw files, as well as an in-house solution which adds the highest quality support for certain camera models unsupported by dcraw. It enhances the accuracy of certain raw files already supported by dcraw.
RawTherapee 5 New Features
- Comes with some new tools Wavelets as well as Retinex
- Monitor profile as well as rendering intent support.
- Print soft-proofing support.
- Automatic chroma noise reduction, manual luminance noise reduction using sliders and curves.
- The “Inspect” tab in the File Browser lets you see a 100% preview of the image whose thumbnail your mouse cursor hovers over, which is either the largest JPEG image embedded in the raw file or the image itself when hovering over non-raw images.
- The curve pipette allows you to pick the right point of a curve by clicking in the preview, and input/output values so that you can set the desired output value for a given input value.
- Post-resize sharpening, to give your photos that subtle crispness after resizing them.
- Dual-illuminant DCP support with curves, base tables, look tables as well as baseline exposure.
- New exposure tone curve modes “Luminance” and “Perceptual”.
- Queue processing will stop if an error is encountered while saving, e.g. if you run out of disk space.
- The Contrast by Detail Levels tool received the “Process Locate Before/After Black-and-White” option.
- Rec. 2020 ICC profile added.
- The Navigator can show RGB, HSV and L*a*b* values in a range of 0-255, 0-1 or %.
- The Lockable Color Picker allows you to place multiple sample points over the preview to measure colors and see them change in real time as you manipulate the image. They support the same ranges as the Navigator.
- Grayscale JPEG and TIFF images are now supported.
- 32-bit TIFF files are supported.
- In addition to these new features, RawTherapee received over two years worth of amazing speedups, code cleanups and bug fixes, making it faster and more stable.
How to install RawTherapee 5.0 on Ubuntu 16.10 & Ubuntu 16.04
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:dhor/myway sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install rawtherapee
How to remove RawTherapee 5.0 from Ubuntu
sudo apt-get remove rawtherapee
How to install RawTherapee 5.0 on openSUSE
zypper install http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/graphics/openSUSE_Leap_42.2/x86_64/rawtherapee-5.0.r1-44.1.x86_64.rpm