Notepadqq is a free linux alternative to the most widely used text editor Notepad++. This is an ideal app developed to help developers, by providing all features you can expect from a general purpose text editor, such as syntax highlighting, code folding, color schemes, file monitoring, multiple selection and much more.
You can search text using the power of regular expressions, as well as organize documents side by side. Furthermore, you can use real-time highlighting to find near identifiers in no time.
Irrespective of the country you from or language you speak, you now have over 100 supported languages, hence making it the ideal global text editor.
Why choose Notepadqq
- The app comes with various color scheme to choose from. Whether you are a dark theme guy or a light one, you’ll find your favourite color scheme.
- Notepadqq focuses more on the content, without unnecessary fancyness.
- In addition to this, it gives you a hand with multiple selection, regular expression searches, and real-time highlighting.
A look at the key Features
- Provides you with Syntax Highlighting as well as Syntax Folding
- Comes with a powerful Regular Expression Search/Replace
- Multi-Document (Tab interface)
- Multi-View, as well as support for Multi-Language environment
- code folding
- color schemes supported
- file monitoring
- Zoom in as well as zoom out
- Convert case to lower or upper
- Light weight app
- Many features available
- More menu options are there in top to perform all actions
How to install latest Notepadqq 0.53.0 on Ubuntu 17.04, Ubuntu 16.10, Ubuntu 16.04, Ubuntu 15.04, Ubuntu 14.04
--------- Add the Repository --------- sudo add-apt-repository ppa:notepadqq-team/notepadqq --------- Update Repository --------- sudo apt-get update --------- Install Package --------- sudo apt-get install notepadqq
How to remove it from Ubuntu 17.04, Ubuntu 16.10, Ubuntu 16.04, Ubuntu 15.04, Ubuntu 14.04
sudo apt-get remove notepadqq
How to install on Fedora 20 and its derivatives
sudo wget -O /etc/yum.repos.d/sea-devel.repo http://sea.fedorapeople.org/sea-devel.repo sudo yum install notepadqq
How to remove app from Fedora 20 and its derivatives
sudo yum remove notepadqq
How to install on Arch linux, Manjaro Distro and others
sudo pacman -Sy yaourt sudo yaourt notepadqq
How to remove app from Arch linux, Manjaro Distro and others
sudo yaourt -Rsn notepadqq