Pros of GET request method
- The request can be visible in the browser.
- It is useful to require data information.
- It provides a facility to store the result of the HTML form.
Cons of GET request method
- The request is restricted to retrieving the data only.
- The URL length is limited.
- Not suitable for sending sensitive data/information.
The POST request method is worked under the HTTP request. It is utilized to check that the data is taken on the server. The length of the data is not restricted. The POST request method is mainly used to send sensitive and confidential information such as usernames and passwords.
Pros of POST request method
- It allows the user to send the data to the server.
- Using the request, users can send data in ASCII as well as binary format.
- Mostly, it is used to send sensitive data, such as passwords.
Cons of POST request method
- It required a time to upload the file.
- The request is not supported by firewall procedures.
Comparison of GET and POST request methods
The comparison of the POST and GET request methods is demonstrated here.
|GET request method||POST request method|
|It supports the string data types.||It supports various data types, including string, binary, and numeric.|
|The parameters are stored in the history.||Not provide the facility to save parameters in history.|
|It is more effective to take less time.||It required a long time to upload the file.|
|This request provides a facility to store the results in bookmarks.||Not store the results in bookmarks.|
|Using GET requests, values are visible in the URL.||Values are not visible in the URL.|
|The length of the values is limited in the GET requests.||No restriction of values in POST request.|