The age of technology arrived, parked for a while, gave us all a first-class seated ticket to the future, and then sped off toward the horizon with everyone onboard. The last fifty years of human civilization have been a rollercoaster of unprecedented advances in every area of science and engineering.
Home video and laser discs appeared and became obsolete in the blink of an eye, DVD’s and CD’s were consigned to live in the shadows of the streaming platforms, and the home-based miracle of the modern era, the computer has undergone a rapid process of evolution that has seen it transform from the bulky tower-based machines of yesterday into the sleek, powerful laptops of today.
We are a species that, for the most part, embraces change, progress, and transformation, which is probably why laptops have become our computing weapons of choice. They are so entrenched in our everyday lives, that they’ve almost, by extension, become part of who we are, and the more used to them we get, the more dependent on laptops we become.
But evolution, like rust, never sleeps and as they become more advanced, laptops inevitably get smaller and smaller. As you’re not someone who lets the world pass them by, the next laptop that you’re going to want to make your own will have to be at the forefront of that evolution and right on the cutting edge of what is and isn’t technologically possible.
That’s why, to help you choose your next laptop, we’ve taken a look at five of the best eleven-inch laptops that are carving the technological path that every other computer will inevitably follow. We’ve found the best eleven-inch laptops, so buckle up and let’s go for a ride on the laptop rollercoaster…
1. Dell Inspiron
Dell is as American as apple pie and this Texas-based computing behemoth has been at the forefront of the home computing revolution for the last four decades. They’ve always set the pace for the microprocessor race and have never been content to rest on their laurels or accept second place.
This is probably why the eleven-inch version of their popular Inspiron series has found a home with the computing crowd who understand how the future works. Because they know just how good it is.
Running off Windows 10, which ensures it’s incredibly stable and secure, the Inspiron has a sixty-four-gigabyte hard drive, is powered by a seventh-generation AMD processor and four gigabytes of RAM (random access memory), which means that it’s fast and will dictate the pace of what you do, rather than constantly trying to keep up with whatever it is you want, and expect it. it to do.
Best of all though, its multi-mode hinge design means that it doubles up as a laptop-tablet as well as a traditional laptop. When it’s in tablet mode it’s perfect for reading eBooks and watching movies on and when it’s in conventional mode, it’s the sort of laptop that tech-savvy geeks will stare at with envy.
- Sleek and light, it weighs in at just two and a half pounds, the Inspiron is a versatile machine that’s just as comfortable in laptop-tablet mode as it is being a conventional laptop.
- It runs off, and with Windows 10, so the operating system is one that you’ll not only be familiar with but is also stable and secure.
- It’s kind of expensive for an eleven-inch machine and your pocketbook might not forgive you for a while after you’ve broken it in two to get this laptop. We can’t help thinking that you might just be paying for a name rather than a laptop.
- And its hard drive is also a little smaller than we’d like. There isn’t much internal storage with this laptop, so you’ll be forced to store your documents, movies, and music in the cloud if you want it to remain in peak operating condition.
Buy Here: Amazon
- 7th Generation AMD a9-9420e Processor with Radeon R5 Graphics
- 11 6" Hd (1366 x 768) LED-backlit Touch Display
- 4GB 4GBx1 DDR4 2666MHz
- 64GB eMMC storage
- No Optical Drive
2. Lenovo Thinkpad Yoga
Like Dell, Lenovo has been dictating the fashions that the home computer market has been following for four decades. And, also like Dell, Lenovo continually strives for excellence and constantly seeks to better itself by making better and better laptops, and the Thinkpad Yoga is right at the summit of the current Lenovo mountain.
Hosting a one hundred and twenty-eight-gigabyte hard drive, four gigabytes of Ram, and an Intel Celeron processor, the Yoga is a quick off the mark, durable and lightweight laptop that adheres to the code that small is not only beautiful, it’s also incredibly powerful and functional. And part of that functionality is due to Lenovo using Windows 10 as its operating system, which means as soon as you boot it up, you’ll be able to hit the ground running.
Like the Dell, the Thinkpad can also transform itself into a laptop-tablet hybrid, and it’s fully backlit, HD screen makes it perfect for watching movies and reading eBooks on, and with. Additionally, when it’s in tablet mode, that’s when the Yoga really comes to life as it’s backlit HD screen and touch screen keyboard are a devastating combination that’ll allow you to make the most of this machine’s staggering versatility.
- It lives for the moments when it becomes a tablet, and as soon as you’ve tried out its touchscreen controls and have witnessed what it can really do when its full power is unleashed, you’ll sign your name in the big Lenovo Book of True Believers and never look back.
- The familiarity and ease that Windows gives the Yoga will allow you to ease yourself straight into using the machine without a delay and focus on using it the way you want to.
- It’s another pocketbook bursting laptop that won’t be kind to your bank account. All of that Lenovo tech comes at a steep price that’ll hurt at first but will start to ease as soon as you begin to use the Yoga in tablet mode. The minute the first movie that you watch on it kicks in, you’ll forget all about your financial pain.
Buy Here: Amazon
- Intel Celeron N3150 1.6GHz (Burst up to 2.08GHz);Intel HD Graphics;
- 4GB PC3-12800 1600MHz DDR3L;128GB Solid State Drive; No optical drive
- 11.6" HD LED-backlit Touchscreen IPS display with 1366 x 768 resolution; ThinkPad Windows keyboard, 6-row, multimedia Fn keys; Buttonless touchpad below keyboard, multi-touch
- 802.11ac; 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet; Bluetooth 4.0; 720p HD Webcam;Stereo Speakers; Integrated HD Audio;2x USB 3.0; 1x HDMI; 1x RJ-45; 1x Combo Headphone/Mic Jack; 4-in-1 Media Card Reader (MMC, SD, SDHC, SDXC);
- Windows 10 home 64-bit.
3. Acer Chromebook Spin
They may not be the first name on the tip of your computer tongue, but Acer has been around long enough to know what makes a good laptop tick. In the forty-four years since they started life as a small Taiwanese company that specialized in microprocessors and electronic hardware, Acer has probably forgotten more about computer design than most firms will ever learn in a dozen lifetimes.
Their eleven-inch Chromebook that’s part tablet, part conventional machine, and all laptop, has a sixty-four-gigabyte hard drive, four gigabytes of RAM, and is fueled by the latest generation of Intel Celeron processors. But it bucks the trend with its operating system and instead of paying homage to Microsoft, has sworn allegiance to Chrome which means it’s more at home online than it’ll ever be offline. And in an era when the whole world is based around, and on, the internet, being on the same side as Acer is exactly where you’ll want, and need to be.
As we’ve already said, Acer’s Chromebook likes nothing more than surfing the world wide web, and when it’s assumed its tablet form and becomes a touchscreen haven of delight, that’s when the future will come knocking at your door. With a little help from Acer, you’ll be happy to dive into the world of tomorrow with this Chromebook.
- Light, durable, and more than a little user friendly, Acer’s Chromebook is an internet wizkid that’ll hurtle you down the corridors of the web. If you want to go surfing, internet style, this is the machine to do it with.
- And it won’t hurt your bank balance to take a ride to internet town with Acer as their Chromebook is surprisingly affordable and, if we’re honest, astonishingly good value for money
- It’s also wonderfully versatile and gladly jumps between being a tablet and laptop and back again.
- Like all Chromebooks, it doesn’t have a huge hard drive, so you’ll have to store everything, all of your documents, music, and movies, in the cloud. But as the web is where Google thrives, Acer’s Chromebook makes it easy to do.
Buy Here: Amazon
- 4GB RAM | 64GB eMMC Internal Storage
- Equipped With The Most Powerful and Fast Intel Celeron Processor N Series, Intel Dual-Core Celeron N4000 ( 1.1 GHz base clock, up to 2.6 GHz max boost clock, 4 MB cache, 2 Threads )
- 11.6" Touchscreen IPS LED-backlit HD (1366 x 768) Display I Intel UHD Graphics 600 Integrated
- 2x USB 3.1 Gen 1 Type-C (DisplayPort over USB Type-C & USB Charging); 2x USB 3.1 Gen 1; 1x Combination Headphone/Speaker Jack; 1x MicroSD Media Card Reader; 1x Kensington Lock
- Google Chrome OS, 802.11ac Intel Wireless-AC WLAN + Bluetooth 5.0, HD Webcam (1280 x 720) with 88-Degree Wide Angle Lens, Acer Wireless Mouse : 【iCarp USB-C to USB 3.0 Adapter】
4. Flagship HP Stream Laptop
Just hearing the name HP makes us go all weak at the knees. Hewlett-Packard shaped our computer world and made it everything it is today, so finding out that they’ve carved their name into laptop history gives us a funny, tingling feeling inside. And so it should, as this machine, in this specification is a monstrously good eleven-inch laptop.
Equipped with the fastest Intel dual Celeron processor, this laptop also has a sixty-four-gigabyte hard drive and four gigabytes of RAM, which makes it fast, and thanks to using Windows 10 as its operating system, stable and secure. And just to push it over the top so that you can keep your hard drive clutter-free, it also comes with a one hundred and twenty-eight gigabyte SD card, so that you can store everything you want to on the HP without losing any of its incredible performance.
It is, to coin an often overused and woefully abused, phrase the whole eleven-inch laptop enchilada. With extra chili sauce and guacamole. Fast, powerful, and with more than enough internal storage space to turn into the center of your entertainment universe, the HP Stream might just have stolen the laptop crown.
- It’s an upgraded version of standard HP Stream, which means that, just like the Six Million Dollar Man, it’s faster, stronger, and better than before.
- The inclusion and addition of one hundred and twenty-eight gigabyte SD card mean that you’ll be able to make the most of this incredible little laptop and still have all of your music and movies on hand. And what’s more, it won’t damage your pocketbook either. Which is always nice.
- We tried to find some, we really did, but this upgraded and souped-up version of the HP Stream seems to float everybody’s boat.
Buy Here: Amazon
- 4GB RAM | 64GB eMMC + 128GB SD Card
- Equipped With The Most Powerful and Fast Intel Dual-core Celeron N4000 (Base Clock 1.1GHz, Max Boost Clock Up to 2.6GHz, 4MB Cache)
- 11.6" Diagonal HD (1366 x 768) SVA anti-glare Display, Integrated Intel UHD Graphics 600
- 1 x USB-C 3.1(Data transfer only, data 5 Gb/s signaling rate), 2 x USB-A 3.1, 1 x HDMI, 1 x Headphone/microphone combo, 1 x MicroSD media card reader
- Windows 10 in S mode, Wifi5 (802.11ac 1x1), Bluetooth4.2, 720P HD Webcam, Battery 2-cell, 37.69 Wh【iCarp Wireless Mouse】
5. Asus VivoBook
Designing the sort of laptops that change the way people view, and interact with computers isn’t easy, but long-standing Taiwanese firm Asus has been pushing the boundaries of technological development for thirty years. And the VivoBook compresses those three decades of research and development into an eleven-inch package that delivers outstanding performance at an incredibly affordable price.
The VivoBooks sixty-four gigabyte hard drive and four gigabytes of RAM are powered by the latest Intel Celeron processor, and because it’s driven by Windows 10, it’s secure, safe, and will be instantly familiar as soon as you start using it.
An ideal laptop for home-based learning, students, preparing your latest presentations for work, surfing the net, and streaming movies on, the VivoBook is the workhorse of the eleven-inch laptop world that’ll win the hearts and minds of everyone who spends any time with it.
Asus might not have the same level of street-level geek cool as a lot of other brands, but that doesn’t matter, as you won’t end up paying for a name with their laptops. All you pay for is performance and that’s where VivoBook shines brightest. Who needs brand recognition when a laptop is this good?
- The VivoBook delivers a lot for an incredibly affordable price. It’s the best-priced eleven-inch laptop on our list and one of our go-to computers of choice.
- It’s a Windows machine with a fast processor and more than enough RAM and hard drive capacity to make even the most devoted gamers, music and movie fans, and hardest working students happy.
- At five pounds, it’s the heaviest machine on our list, and while that extra weight might not sound like much, if you’ve got to carry the VivoBook around all day, it can make all the difference.
- While a sixty-four-gigabyte hard drive is ideal for an eleven-inch laptop, it doesn’t leave a lot of internal storage capacity for movies and music, so if you follow the Asus path you’ll have to get used to using, and storing all of your tunes and show
Buy Here: Amazon
- Powered by Intel Celeron N4000 (1.1 GHz base frequency, up to 2.6 GHz burst frequency, 4 MB cache, 2 cores)
- 11.6" (16:9) HD (1366x768) 60Hz Anti-Glare Panel 45% NTSC Display; Intel UHD Graphics 605; VGA Webcam with Digital Array Microphone Ideal for Home, Student, Professionals, Small Business, School Education, and Commercial Enterprise, Online Class, Google Classroom, Remote Learning, Zoom Ready
- 4GB LPDDR4 SDRAM Memory for basic multitasking; 64GB eMMC Flash Hard drive is ideal for mobile devices and applications.
- Integrated Wi-Fi 5 (802.11 ac) and Bluetooth 4.1; 1 x COMBO audio jack, 2 x Type-A USB 3.0 (USB 3.1 Gen 1), 1 x Type-C USB 3.0 (USB 3.1 Gen 1 / Gen 2), 1 x HDMI, 1 x AC adapter plug, 1 x Micro SIM card slot
- ▌Authorized BROAGE Bundle ▌Bundled with BROAGE MousePad; Gray; Windows 10 Home in S Mode with Office 365 Personal for 1 Year
Best Eleven Inch Laptop Buyers Guide
What Is A Laptop?
Laptops are small, portable computers that usually adhere to a clamshell design, which means they open and close in the same way that a clam does. When they are opened, the screen forms the upper part of the shell and the keyboard makes up the lower part.
Usually light, laptops are prized for their versatility, high technical specifications, and the fact that can be used almost anywhere and under any circumstances. Having undergone a radical evolutionary shift in the last decade and a half, laptops are now the most sought after and used office, home, and personal computers and have found favor with multiple generations of users.
What Should I Look For In An Eleven Inch Laptop?
As with any laptop, a good eleven-inch machine should have a fairly large hard drive (thirty-two gigabytes and above), around four gigabytes of RAM (random access memory), and a recognizable, reputable operating system, all of which, when combined, guarantee that it will perform as you’d expect it too. A good eleven-inch laptop should also be light, durable, and have long battery life.
Which Eleven Inch Laptop Is Right For Me?
That depends entirely on what you want your machine to do. If you’re looking for versatility and high performance then the Inspiron and the Yoga should be the laptops that you gravitate toward, but choosing between them, as they’re so closely matched, will be a matter of individual preference and choice.
If however, you’re looking for an eleven-inch laptop based on budget and are searching for the maximum bang for your computerized buck, then the only machines that should even be figuring in your laptop equations are the HP Stream and the VivoBook.
As Bugs Bunny used to say, that’s all folks! Have fun with your new laptop and we’ll see you out there in internet land.